Founded in the East End of London in 1894 as M. Bolson & Co. Limited, was acquired on a management buyout by Bolsons Limited in 1983.
Historically Bolsons has concentrated on the production of Company Seals and embossing presses. Bolsons also produce a range of hand and self inking stamps.
Since the Companies Act 1985 made the need for a Company Seal no longer mandatory, the demand for Company Seals has reduced, but the computerisation of artwork and production has enabled Bolsons to improve its service and speed of delivery of the Heraldic and specialised logo work.
A Company Seal can be manufactured and delivered from the factory to the City of London, within three hours of the order. Seals and presses are exported to Switzerland, Nigeria, Uganda, Australia, United States of America and the EU.
In addition, Bolsons supplies the Seals for Government Departments, Archbishops & Bishops, College of Arms, British Embassies, Universities (for Sealing degrees) and the Central Chancery of Knighthoods at St. James’s Palace.
To commemorate the 1,000 years of the House of Lords, Bolsons engraved the Commemorative Medal for the House of Lords to the design of David Gentleman.
In July 2009 the Crossrail Project required that Bolsons moved from East London site to new premises in West Horndon in Essex.